Sunday, July 28, 2013

Critiqued thoughts while I dance (this is the one I read at W.O.W)

....Body aches, sore feet
Pulse racing adrenaline
Overworn soles, tears
Blood laced dreams
Forever chasing
Numb footprints lost in time
Countless criticizion
And feeling. Life, death,
Bittersweet prayers, hopes,
timing, placement,
it all matters.
Curtain up.
Oh God, I have to pee.
Too late now, I guess.
No turning back.
Illusion is all they'll ever want.
I smile to the abiding audience.
The stage makeup, the costumes,
it's what we live for, die for
sadly but truthfully.
... Why am I leaving again?..
..God knows I'll miss this part of me, this
side of me when I'm on stage.
Some things we won't ever get back
like water, and time.
Sweat, blood, and tears yeah they're all far from gone.
And the pain?
Don't even get me started.
Why bother with this?
I seem to question a whole lot.
I lose myself so much in the process but what do I really gain?
A five second feeling while I prance around on stage?
For who? Them? Myself?
It's all confusing, my mind's too crowded and I'm more than done...

No comments:

Post a Comment