Sunday, July 28, 2013

Drunk

We're going to drink.
Look in the mirror, holding on to dear life also known as in our minds,
The Bathroom Sink.
Further
and
Further
Under
He Goes.
I bet he's laughing.
I bet he's flushed.
A bottle of whiskey has more
effect on him, causes
more damage than some girl
like me has ever done.
I wish I could be there now,
As I remember my first time this summer
being drunk.
The lights
went
off.
I cuddled to the sound of accomplishment.
My hand got clammy in hers.
I laughed
hard.
My toes
curled.
The lights turned on.
This was
no fun.
Falling to the floor,
trying to stand.
Regaining my strength,
no one takes you
serious.
Now that he's had three almost four, whatever brand
(He doesn't know) beers,
and I'm just sitting here
in the saftiness
of
my home,
it makes me blush,
to know
he's going to get
rather drunk at 3 A.M.
Embarassment,
As my hands shake and I laugh, remembering
my very first time this summer
being drunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment